Timothy E. HowiePartner
Mr. Howie's practice focuses on all aspects of insurance defense litigation. He has extensive experience representing insurance companies and their insureds with regard to personal injury litigation, premises liability and retailer liability, products liability, wrongful death and survival, insurance coverage disputes and declaratory judgment actions, state administration matters and appellate litigation. His practice encompasses jury trials and bench trials at the various trial levels in state courts, appeals to the state courts of appeal, federal litigation at the trial level and at the appellate level, binding and non-binding arbitrations, and mediations.
Mr. Howie's practice is approximately forty-five percent in Maryland, forty-five percent in Virginia, and ten percent in the District of Columbia.
He resides in Severna Park, Maryland.
B.A., St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1986
Political Science, cum laude
J.D., rsity of North Carolina School of Law, 1989
- 1989, Maryland;
- 1990, District of Columbia;
- 1991, Virginia;
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia,
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland,
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia,
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®; Maryland Super Lawyers 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017; Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers 2011 and 2012
- Cheverly, Maryland, July 26, 1965